Purposefully Unchurched

YES! I am saved by the power of the precious blood of the lamb!

No. I am not a affiliate of an organized church association. I have been scolded and reprimanded by those who believe church attendance is vital, if not conditional to my salvation.

Yes. I've heard it repeatedly. "Forsake not the gathering of yourselves..." "Accountability towards one another...", "You're on a path to shipwreck...."

The more I read my Word, the more confidently I stand in FAITH that church lies not within the confines of a physical structure, but church lies within the confines of the spirit. The Holy spirit. The spirit of TRUTH.

Matt. 16:17-19

Jesus declares to Peter "Upon this rock I will build my church" after Peter declared Jesus' majesty as God's Son through faith as it was revealed to Peter from the Father.

John 4:23

Jesus says to the woman at the well...."the hour cometh and is now when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him"

vs. 24 Jesus emphasizes "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."
(my italics)

Acts 2:44 describes the characteristics of authentic church "And all that believed were together, and had all things common"

If you read the first two chapters in full, you cannot help but recognize the MAJOR player in the building of the Church, the Holy Spirit.


This certainly does not describe today's vast variety of organized church associations of Christianity today.

"What about accountability?" I have been asked. I am continually amazed that anyone who confesses belief in the trinity would even ask such a question. I direct them to read John 16:6-8.

Christ says to his disciples,

"But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is
expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
And when he is come, he will REPROVE the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment"


So I remain purposefully and wonderfully unchurched by today's standard of Christianity (as opposed to biblical standards which is spiritual). All the while I am fully and powerfully churched through the blood of the Lamb and Comforter, the Holy Spirit of Truth! Glory be to the Lamb of God, may you quickly come!

Author's Note:
I DO recognize that it is possible to have genuine organized church associations that worship biblical and truthfully. My goal is not to NOT encourage church attendance, but rather encourage growing spiritually through FAITH by the reading of the Word. And to share the testimony of my own spiritual walk with the LORD. May God prosper you in the knowledge of Him!

Comments

  1. Interesting thoughts. I started a blog not too long ago. Might want to check out some thoughts I put down about church - http://www.prodigalthought.com/2008/06/church-101-basics.html

    Thanks
    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.

Please note the changes to this blog. ONLY respectful comments and questions are accepted. Special note to other Christians: This blog no longer caters to debate and or arguments about the Bible. If you have a comment in SUPPORT of clear and concise understanding of the saving power of Christ Jesus, you are welcome to leave comments on this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Sin and Death

Confessions of a Former World Wide Church of God Member

Translation vs. Paraphrase