Thorny Weather


Do you have a thorn in your side? I do. In times of trials, every minute is a battle for my faith. At times, I find myself crying out for mercy and then, I understand that while He is merciful, He is also purposeful.

He says to me, "Count it all joy."

JOY?!?

"Yes, joy. For the trying of your faith worketh patience. Let patience have her perfect work, so that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:2-4

So each day, I battle. Every hour, I fight. Every minute I paste a pained smile over my mind. While I wait patiently for Him. All the while, rebuking the Devil's lies that He (my Father) has forsaken me. What I realize....eventually....while I am without, a slow recognition begins to form. A miraculous transformation. I SEE His daily provision. I AM waiting patiently upon the Lord.

So, bless this thorn! And count it all joy! I still battle and still I fight. This will be my lot until the Lord returns on high or until He calls me home. But, as I collect thorns throughout this life, that pained smile becomes a bit less pained.

So today, Father I praise you, I lift your name up with a thorn on my side. For I know you discipline those who you love. May you strengthen me and the calling you've placed upon my spirit and all those who may read this post. All those who have thorns. May you be glorified.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

"For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth"

Hebrews 12:5-6

Comments

  1. Author's note:

    For my readers, I wanted to add this scripture in addition to this post.

    Romans 8:18
    For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, beautiful post today. And so relevant. We so often forget that God did not promise a life of ease, and in fact promised just the opposite. But He does provide for our every need. And sometimes more. But the operative word is NEED. What we think we need and what we actually do, may be two different things. I find that to be true in my own life, anyway. Love In Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Hannah, beautiful post. It's easy to forget in the moment that our trials are as much a gift as our joys. To forgo a trial is to miss out on a new opportunity to realize how great our God is when we are weak and how we can show His love when other face the same or similar trials.

    2 Corinthians 12:19
    But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN, may the Lord be glorified!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.

Please note the changes to this blog. ONLY respectful comments and questions are accepted. Special note to other Christians: This blog no longer caters to debate and or arguments about the Bible. If you have a comment in SUPPORT of clear and concise understanding of the saving power of Christ Jesus, you are welcome to leave comments on this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Sin and Death

Confessions of a Former World Wide Church of God Member

Stuff False Doctrines Are Made Of