A Vineyard of Prayer



I have heard many sermons, read many books on the topic of "effective prayer". It wasn't until my relationship with Him had blossomed and through Him I overcame debilitating issues that prevented me from praying confidently to be heard, and humbly, as not to be rebuked. Because of my personal prayer experiences and my studying of the Word, I believe effective prayer cannot be taught, but, instead, it must be received.
Bear with me, please read on with your bibles open...

John chapter 15 in all it's beauty, explains the intricate "vine and branches" relationship between us, Christ and the Father.

Take note of verse 7:
"IF ye abide in me, AND my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."

The conditions attached to "ask what ye will and it shall be done unto you", is we first MUST abide in Him AND His words abide in us.

These conditions are of utmost importance, as without it we will be "fruitless". As branches we, CANNOT bear fruit without the vine.

Understanding the conditions as said by the scriptures... the question then becomes how do we abide in Christ? How does His "words" abide in us?

I direct your attention to Ephesians 3:17-21."That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye being rooted and grounded by love..."

Faith is how we abide in Him... Love is how He abides in us...

Listen to what He says, in John 15:10, "

IF ye keep my commands, ye SHALL abide in my love..."

Understanding the results of the conditions listed by scripture, the next question becomes, what ARE His commands? John 15:12-14

"This is my command, that ye love one another as I have loved you..."

In spite of the If/Then logic of this scripture, what is illogical to the unbelieving mind/heart, is the acceptance of the blood shed sacrifice of Christ through Faith and the understanding of His Love through His sacrifice for us.This is how prayer is received... Ephesians 3:19

"And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye may be filled with the fulness of God"

I have heard Christians confess their uncertainty of grace and their salvation through Him. If there is any doubt of His acceptance of you, then there is doubt of His love for you. If there is doubt of His love for you, then your prayers are not asked in faith. "...let him ask in faith, nothing wavering..." James 1:6; Hebrews 11:6

This is what I believe, prayer is where the heart (love) is, for where your heart (love) is, there your requests will also be.

May we all as believers be a vineyard of prayer so the glory of God may be revealed.....

Author's note:
I use the KJV for all scripture listed in this post. You are most welcome to use another translation. All caps and italics listed in scriptures are mine. I encourage you to read the scriptures in context of the chapters they are in. May His joy remain in you, may your joy be full!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Sin and Death

Confessions of a Former World Wide Church of God Member

Translation vs. Paraphrase