Be Good


I can be impatient at times. I snap at my family unnecessarily so, and find myself remorseful for the impatient attitude that creeps its way into my heart. Then the Spirit, reminds me of one word, love. I look at the faces of whom I'm being so impatient with, and apologize. My attitude tempers, flutters, and then melts away. Yes, I love the liberty that comes with Salvation! I love the Grace that loosens the bond of sin! Yet, how many of us try to relink those broken chains? Chains broken by Christ, in trying to walk the Christian life, by their own power? Trying to be right, or behave righteously through condemnation. Whether it be of themselves or of others. Whether it subtly or outright.

Romans 8

The essence of Grace is made so clear, yet so subtle that if one blinks, it might be overlooked.

1 -There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2- For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 -For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 -That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 -For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

People are very quick to point out, that this passage doesn't give us a license to sin, and miss the integrity of this passage that makes it liberating.

Verse 3 of Romans 8, is a very telling scripture, "for what the law COULD NOT DO, in that it was WEAK through the flesh"!


Paul says in Romans 7:19 "For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do"

How many of us have broken at least one of the ten commandments, in spite of very best efforts and meaningful intentions? How about lying, "bearing false witness" against another or a white lie? Maybe we don't lie, habitually, but we certainly can and have lied to ourselves. How about coveting that beautiful, 2 story house, with the three car garage, which belongs to a neighbor down the street, who seems to favored with blessings galore?

Paul says in Romans 7:20 "Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me"

We cannot be "right" under our own power. No matter how we try. The law in the flesh is made weak because sin dwells in us. For this very reason (Romans 8:3) God sent his Son, in the likeness of sinful flesh, and condemned sin!

THE Straight and Narrow

What so many don't to understand, while trying to walk the straight and narrow, the ONLY way, by our own power, we can overthrow sin and obtain righteousness, is through heartfelt belief God raised Him from the dead, and confession of Christ Jesus. "Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" 1John 5:5

Whoever believes on Him, WILL NOT be ashamed! (Our heartfelt confession of Christ Jesus as LORD) Romans 10:8-11



Fruit of the Spirit

When we walk after the Spirit, this is the result:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law" Galatians 5:22-23

Instead of admonishing one another not to drink, smoke or eat too much chocolate (of which I am guilty of), let's encourage one another to "walk after the Spirit".

Author's Note:

I absolutely cannot end this post without promoting verse-by-verse studying of the Book of Romans in whole. The Scriptures listed here is only, but a glimpse of the profound, immense principles of Law, Liberty, Spirit and Flesh(and more). My post is ONLY, but a way, to promote the life altering, soul-fulfilling drink of God's Glorious principles. I absolutely adore this book! It brought a clarity of mind of how I was to live life in Christ Jesus. May it bring you clarity and Liberty in Him!

In the Name of the Son of God, Yeshua...Amen.


All Scripture listed here are KJV. All italics and caps in Scripture are mine.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Sin and Death

Confessions of a Former World Wide Church of God Member

Translation vs. Paraphrase