The Spirit of Fear

SPIRIT OF FEAR
There was a time in my youth when I was undoubtedly plagued with bouts of insecurities. The church I was a member of then, was divided into groups of the "haves" and the "have nots". As an orphan, I was most definitely a member of the "have nots". Being around my two-parented/one-parented friends I quietly developed a case inadequacy. As I matured in age (not necessarily in spirit), I carried that inadequacy with me, and it developed into an insecurity. My insecurity played with my vain imaginations, thus, assumptions and defensiveness was born. I became a person who would assume a particular behavior/conversation was geared towards me in a negative light, and when truth was presented to me, I became defensive of my assumptions and resulted behavior. It was a deadly mind game I played so long ago. Deadly in the fact that, spiritually I was inhibited by the insecurities that plagued me. My insecurities prevented me from seeing and then receiving what was true. My insecurities were secret fears that immobilized me, preventing truth and the manifestation of the glory of God.

My maturity in spirit, brought forth a release from the grips of this death. It was a long, hard road. Every step of every day was a fight to rebuke, and then overcome the lies of the devil. And that is exactly what insecurities are... lies that we unfortunately believe and then, live/act out.

The Word of the Living God is clear in terms of what is of God and what isn't. If we know that He is not the author of confusion (1Corinthians 14:33), then we know it comes from Satan. If we know that God is love, then we know Satan is hate. If we know that God is light, then we know that Satan is darkness. If the Word tells us this:

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" -- 2 Timothy 1:7

Then we know the spirit of fear comes from the one who would have us believe his lies. Yet, how many of us (Believers) accept as normal the insecurities that plagues our psyche? Does he have us so deceived that we cannot recognize his "work"? Are we so embedded in this non believing society that we have adopted their "thoughts"?

OF POWER
What power, but the holy spirit, does God give us? The comforter who enables us and teaches us all things. 1 John 2:27; John 16:7,13 ; John 14:26

I have said this before, but it necessitates repeating, our salvation, the lifestyle of Christianity was not intended to be applied and understood in the physical sense, but instead the spiritual sense. The Resurrection of our Lord was an expose of Satan and his lies. Though we walk in bonds of our physical bodies and wayward tendencies, we have been freed from sin and death. (Romans 8:2) Upon acceptance of Christ as our Savior (of sin and death) we recognize the spiritual warfare and we are equipped with the Holy Spirit, our source of POWER!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places" Ephesians 6:12

OF LOVE
What greater source of confidence do we have? What greater means of rebuking the insecurities the devil places upon our hearts, than the love God has for his children? What greater motivation do we need to recognize the truth, receive the truth, than Christ's death for our sins?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" -- John 3:16

OF A SOUND MIND
When we believe, receive, the power, and the love bestowed upon us. It is our faith in HIM, his power, his love in which we have clarity of thought and soundness of mind. Our faith in Him, implies a knowledge of Him. We know Him. We believe Him. We receive Him, therefore we are not afraid. With a sound mind, we are not confused, or overcome by the irrationality of fear and insecurities. A sound mind is a peaceful one.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -- John 14:27

A STUMBLING BLOCK REMOVED!
So many times throughout my walk I have heard the confessions of insecurities of my fellow believers. Because I was once, plagued by these lies, I am compelled to write this post. Many times they have laid their insecurities at my feet for me to trip over it, as I have laid my own stumbling blocks in the path of others. How do we rid ourselves of these ailments? Recognize it for what it is...untruths from an evil source.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded" --James 4:7-8

"Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" - 1 John 5:5



Comments

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.

Please note the changes to this blog. ONLY respectful comments and questions are accepted. Special note to other Christians: This blog no longer caters to debate and or arguments about the Bible. If you have a comment in SUPPORT of clear and concise understanding of the saving power of Christ Jesus, you are welcome to leave comments on this blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of Sin and Death

Confessions of a Former World Wide Church of God Member

Translation vs. Paraphrase